We are in unavoidable stressful times…..there are different ways for you to cope with stress. Let’s focus on healthy ways to cope.
If you are suddenly working from home or furloughed by your employer to stay home, staying active and eating well will only help you feel better, be less stressful and stay healthier.
This can be an opportunity to start new, healthy routines or adjust the ones you have been already doing. Either way, everyone has had to make adjustments.
FOCUS ON WHAT YOU CAN CONTROL to minimize stress levels.
When life shifts suddenly and duties at home and work pile on top of each other, it’s easy for your routine to “get out of whack.”
10 Healthy Tips To Cope During Stressful Times
1. Plan your day. This is especially important, if you are at home all the time now. Otherwise, you could find yourself wasting a lot of time and becoming unorganized (causing more stress).
2. Plan your eating to control food intake and maintain energy during the day. Healthy eating habits also help you burn fat and lose/manage weight loss.
When you eat whole, natural foods (especially protein foods), you are filled for a longer period, with fewer calories. Eating foods like fresh fruits/veggies, fish, lean meats, eggs, etc. will help you do this.
3. Control snacking and emotional (trigger) eating. Planning your eating will help with snacking.
Removing trigger foods (fat-filled, high-calorie or sugary) from your kitchen is also a huge key. You can’t eat what is not there. Instead, load up with snacks like yogurt, nuts, fruits/veggies and healthy drinks.
4. Stay hydrated with water, unsweetened drinks and hydrating foods (fruits and veggies). This will help you limit sugary drinks and empty calories. It will help you eat less and help your body function better.
Drink about half your weight in water every day. So, if you weigh 160 pounds, drink about 80 ounces of water each day. Eating foods with high water content count towards your water intake.
5. Start or continue a bodyweight exercise routine 20-30 minutes, 2-3 times a week. Here is a free program for you.
6. Instead of binge-watching television series/documentaries, play fun board games with your family. A physical game, such as kickball, is even better.
7. Write in your gratitude journal every morning for 5 minutes. You have much to be grateful for. Focus on these thoughts. This will help you focus on positive, optimistic situations rather than these stressful times.
8. Fill in the nutritional gaps with dietary supplements. No one eats perfectly. Supplements, such as multivitamins, can help you stay healthier.
9. Walk and unplug 30-45 minutes everyday. Need examples? Don’t check your cell phone for 1 hour. Can you do it? Or, are you checking that device every 5 minutes? What about your email? Do you check it every 2 minutes? These are just 2 examples of how life is on full tilt, seemingly non-stop. Unless you manage it.
10. Get 7-9 hours of deep sleep each night to rest/recover and release growth hormone (youth hormone).
Make these adjustments and cope with stress better during these times!
Do you want to:
Eat Better to be Healthier, Burn More Fat and Lose Permanent Weight?
Have Your BEST Looking Body Naked or in Smaller-Sized Clothes?
Feel Better than You have Felt in Months or Years?
Have the Energy to Accomplish Your Daily Goals?
Be sure and register to Start Your 5-Star Body Transformation Plan Today for FREE!
YOU are the main STAR in the process.
I will coach you to transform your body and its definitely not just about weight loss. You will learn what it takes to change your eating habits and lifestyle and start remaking your body a healthy, energized and lean fat-burning machine!