Here are 11 great tips from Dr. Steven Sisskind at RealDose Nutrition that will help you reduce inflammation and get your body ready to change:
1. Increase your vegetables. Most people tell you to eat your veggies because they are low in calories. A better reason is because they contain a whole array of anti-inflammatory properties. And they contain the vitamins and minerals necessary for hormonal balance.
So eat at least five (preferably more) servings of vegetables a day. I recommend cooking up large batches of your favorites and snacking on them all day. Make sure to include spinach and broccoli as these are super anti-inflammatory vegetables.
2. Eat certain fruits every day. These are a) cherries, b) strawberries, c) blueberries, and d) pomegranate extract.
These specific fruits contain special phytonutrients that have a strong anti-inflammatory effect. They also taste great, so use these fruits liberally and make sure they are not sweetened.
3. Load up on Omega 3 fats every day. This can come from fish, flax seeds, chia seeds and fish oil supplements. The more the better as Omega-3 fats have a dramatic ability to reduce inflammation.
4. Get your dairy from nonfat, unsweetened Greek yogurt. This also contains anti-inflammatory probiotics as well as the calcium you will need for metabolic and hormonal support.
5. Make sure to get at least 2,000 IU of Vitamin D a day. Low levels of vitamin D (which is a hormone) can mess with hormone balance and also vitamin D has anti-inflammatory properties.
6. Spice your foods with garlic, onions, turmeric, and basil when possible. These spices are super anti-inflammatory.
7. Eat breakfast every day and make sure you get a lot of protein in this meal. The research is clear that skipping this meal can be detrimental to your hormonal balance.
8. Get at least seven hours of sleep a night. Not getting enough sleep can cause leptin resistance as sleep deprivation itself is highly inflammatory. This is very important.
9. Do some form of exercise every day; exercising in combination with the other anti-inflammation weight loss tips will accelerate hormonal balancing.
10. Learn stress management. There are multiple ways you can learn this… including breath control, music therapy, yoga and meditation. Start now!
11. Avoid all hydrogenated fats (Trans Fats), high fructose corn syrup, fatty cuts of meat and simple sugars (like you will find in candy and fruit juices).
Get your FREE DOWNLOAD, “Fat Burning Foods, Spices and Meals,” and start eating better, burning fat, losing weight and building the lean body you want and need!
Mark has helped thousands of clients and readers make lifestyle changes that lead to better long-term health, which includes acceptable body fat and ideal body weight.He does not recommend fad diets, quick weight loss gimmicks, starvation diets, weight loss pills, fat burner supplements and the like.