Focus on Long-Term Goals of Low Body Fat, Lean Body and Permanent Weight Loss
Its hard for you to keep working out and eating right if you don’t see steady progress towards your fat loss and body-shaping goals. Don’t give up and you’ll have the lean body you want! And, you’ll be healthier….
In an DiabetesHealth.com article, it states:
Like so many others, Kris Berg, EdD, an exercise physiologist at the University of Nebraska at Omaha, has observed the rapid-fire increase in obesity that has recently been labeled an “epidemic.”
With it has come a slew of new type 2 cases that, according to Berg, could easily be avoided.
“For those with type 2 diabetes, the actual cause of diabetes is inactivity and weight gain,” says Berg. “These factors produce insulin resistance. We know today that even in genetically susceptible people, exercise can prevent type 2. So, a major goal for type 2s should be to become active for the rest of their lives.”
So, here are my 8 good tips to keep shaping your lean body:
1. High body fat is not good even if you have normal body weight. You may need to revamp your workouts so that you can make better progress. It matters how you workout. Some of you are still doing the same poorly designed workouts and getting the same “little or no success results” from your workouts.
For instance, I see many people at gyms who only do cardio workouts on machines. That’s better than doing nothing but your body will not tone up with just doing cardio. You need to do regular strength training for your body to change from fat to lean.
2. Are you frustrated with your results because you have been following a workout program you found in a fitness magazine? This is better than you trying to figure it all out on your own. But a program found in a magazine is not individualized for your specific fat loss needs and goals. And, you may not even like the exercises you are doing. You will eventually quit something that you don’t like.
3. Are you ready to give up the fight to get lean and healthy because you are overwhelmed? You don’t believe you can really get a “leaned out” body? This is not the time for you to quit. It is the time to get expert guidance from a trainer who can help you visualize goals and give you feedback.
4. Are you still eating like you always have and just trying to workout longer and harder? The only problem with this tactic is that it does no good to burn 500 calories during a workout and later eat 900 calories of bad food.
Get ready to change your eating habits, for health and fitness. If you daily eat more calories than you burn, you will continue to gain weight.
And, you need to start eating mainly whole, natural foods that leave you nourished and satisfied on fewer calories. Quality calories matter. Eating 600 calories of junk food is not the same as eating 600 calories of lean chicken, vegetables and fruit.
5. Are you wasting money on weight loss pills, patches, creams and fat-burner supplements? Save your money and invest in your body with hard, smart workouts and good nutrition that will change your body for good.
6. Fad diets won’t get the job done if you are going to transform your body. You will start making better fat loss and weight loss progress when you feed your body better. Its part of a lifestyle change.
7. Do you have a gym membership you aren’t using? Cancel that membership and get the help of a personal trainer.
Don’t underestimate the value of well-designed fitness program put together by a personal trainer. It makes all the difference because you get direction, feedback and encouragement from a trainer who is fit and knows what it takes to get fit and stay fit.
8. Oh, one more thing…don’t quit exercising…..have fun exercising! Why should you spend 5-7 hours exercising every week if you dread it? You will stop sooner rather than later if you dread doing your workouts.
Stop thinking so much about heart rates, exercise technique, intensity, repetitions, cardio or any of that stuff. Those things do have their place but just have fun with your exercises. Find cardio exercises that you like and weight training exercises that you like.
When it comes to exercise, research has proven that you are more likely to stay with your exercise program if you enjoy it. But, no matter how much you enjoy exercise, you still need something else to “keep it going.” You guessed it! Determination (perseverance). Its the “bulldog mentality” that nothing is going to keep me from reaching my fitness goals. When you have those “bad days,” its determination that will pull you through.
Don’t quit exercising, make adjustments and keep going!
Get up to 12 Servings of Fruits and Veggies with Athletic Greens Superfood Cocktail. Your nutritional insurance to fill in the holes of your eating habits.
- 75 whole food sourced ingredients
- Probiotics and enzymes
- Formulated by doctors
- 10+ years of proven research
Mark Dilworth, BA, PES
Mark has helped thousands of clients and readers make lifestyle changes that lead to better long-term health, which includes acceptable body fat and ideal body weight.He does not recommend fad diets, quick weight loss gimmicks, starvation diets, weight loss pills, fat burner supplements and the like.