Have you been on a weight loss only diet?” How has it been working for you? If you lost weight, now what are you going to do? Another weight loss diet? You still have a lifetime to go.
NEVER Use a Weight Loss Diet for Body Transformation
Why You Are Better Off Burning Fat
1. Being fit is much more than going on a diet. Fitness is a lifestyle designed to improve your energy, your health, your mood, your self image and your body composition (among other benefits).
Have you checked your body fat percentage? Fat loss is more important than your weight loss. Burning fat is what really changes your body to lean and toned. Its possible to be skinny and still have high body fat. Belly fat, in particular, is dangerous to your health.
A “weight loss only” goal is a short-term fix for your weight problem and will not ultimately help you attain your goals! Establish eating and exercise habits that will help you burn fat and lose weight for a lifetime.
2. The type of food you eat and timing of what you eat is very important for your metabolism to work properly. Your body needs adequate amounts of the macronutrients (carbohydrates, proteins, fats) to function properly.
Here’s some eating habits that will help you burn fat:
- Plan and pack your meals with whole, natural foods that you enjoy.
- Don’t skip breakfast. It gets your metabolism revved up and helps you eat less the rest of the day.
- Eat every 3-4 hours to maintain your energy and keep your metabolism active.
- Eat your food on a plate, not in a bag or jar. It helps you eat less.
- Eat with a purpose, don’t just graze.
- Eat protein with every meal. It helps you stay full for longer and helps keep carbs from spiking your blood sugar.
- Eat at least 2 servings of a fruit or veggie at every meal.
- Don’t assume that LOW-FAT means LOW-CAL, read the label.
- Eat heart-healthy fats. They are important for satiety and bodily functions.
- Don’t eat fried foods.
- Limit alcohol consumption.
- If you eat at a restaurant, order healthy foods and skip the meal appetizers.
- Limit sugary and processed foods/drinks.
- Eat one serving at each meal.
- Eat healthy snacks, like raw nuts or low-fat yogurt, between main meals.
- If you stray from your meal plan, get back on it as soon as possible.
Good or bad nutritional habits don’t just happen. Make an effort. You are what you eat.
Follow a nutritious meal plan based on your basal metabolic rate and calorie needs. You will never starve. You will eat enough to maintain your energy throughout the day and during workouts.
3. Increasing muscle mass is critical to permanently speed up your metabolism and transform your body long-term. Your body has to work harder to maintain muscle mass. And, increasing muscle mass will burn the fat off of your body. A lean and toned body should be your healthy, long-term goal.
Here is your challenge:
a. Do full body circuit strength training 3 days a week (30-45 minutes a session).
b. Do interval cardio training 2-3 days a week (20 minutes a session).
Don’t go on a diet….check out the following below:
Be sure and download your Free Bodyweight 500 Metabolic Fat Burner Workout Book below and start shaping your body faster! There are 3 levels: beginner, intermediate and advanced. You will also get fat-burning menus!
Mark has helped thousands of clients and readers make lifestyle changes that lead to better long-term health, which includes acceptable body fat and ideal body weight.He does not recommend fad diets, quick weight loss gimmicks, starvation diets, weight loss pills, fat burner supplements and the like.