Give your body something better than a quick weight loss diet. Weight loss is not that important. Whole, natural foods are meant to nourish your body. Enjoy your food too while you’re at it….A fad or “quick weight loss only” diet will not help you develop good, maintainable eating habits.
Before you buy that next fad diet or quick weight loss diet program……
Note: There are some rapid FAT LOSS programs designed to be part of a long-term fat loss program. These programs are generally well designed and safe because they aren’t focused on starving you to lose weight. So, I’m not referencing these programs as extreme weight loss diets.
Here are 7 reasons for you to avoid “quick weight loss only” diets:
1. If the focus of the program is “quick weight loss only,” you don’t need it!
Transform your body’s composition to more muscle and less fat to keep weight loss off for good. That’s easier said than done but you must keep fat loss as your main goal when trying to lose weight.
It takes longer to transform your body’s composition, so be patient. Its worth the wait. Quick weight loss gimmicks will never work for you.
2. Severe calorie-restricted dieting will cause your body to store fat as a survival mechanism.
A credible fat loss and weight loss program always allows you to eat enough food for your body to operate as it should.
That being said, you may have to prepare to eat less than you are accustomed. You cannot continue to maintain daily caloric surpluses (eat more calories than you burn) and still burn fat and lose weight.
3. There is usually no required exercise with these quick weight loss programs.
Physicians and health experts agree that the best way to lose weight and keep it off is through healthy, managed nutrition and regular exercise.
4. You will get short-term results with quick weight loss diets and you are headed for yo-yo weight loss and more weight regain.
This damages your health more and more with each weight cycling episode.
According to Christopher Sciamanna, M.D., the problem comes with what you do after the diet. Sciamanna discovered this the hard way: After losing 30 pounds, he described his new, lower weight as “shockingly challenging” to maintain.
He and his colleagues at Penn State University’s Milton S. Hershey Medical Center decided to study weight loss maintenance.
Part of their study was to examine results found at the National Weight Control Registry (NWCR). For the past two decades, NWCR has focused on a single group of people. To qualify, they have to lose at least 30 pounds and keep the weight off for at least a year. The findings aren’t surprising. The participants were successful primarily because of the following habits:
- Exercise at least an hour a day, almost every day
- Follow a low-fat, low-sugar, low-calorie diet
- Eat, more or less, the same foods all the time
- Minimize TV watching
- Eat breakfast
5. Your metabolism will slow and become wrecked if you continue to try every new quick weight loss diet that hits the market.
6. Your immune system will weaken and health/weight problems await you if you become a veteran of these harmful diets.
Who wants to walk around with headaches and body aches all the time.
Quick weight loss diets create hormonal imbalances and aggitates your nervous system. In other words, you will be a mess!
7. These quick weight loss diets generate loss of muscle mass.
If you lose 20 pounds in 10 days using severe calorie restriction with no exercise, just about all of that weight loss will be due to lost muscle mass and some water weight. One of the best ways to speed up your metabolism is to increase muscle mass, your top fat-burning tool. This helps you burn more calories during the day and at rest.
Muscle is metabolically active tissue and your body has to work harder to maintain muscle. You need to build a lean body that will give you good health and one that will last through the years of your life. If you rush the fitness process, it won’t work.
Eat healthy, burn fat, lose weight and transform your body!