Short burst workouts, like 10-minute fat burner workouts, will burn fat off your body faster.
You will need strong structures supporting your ankles, knees, low back, hips, elbows and shoulders to prevent injuries. These workouts are high-risk, high reward programs.
These short burst workouts burn more calories and fat during and after your workout. Your body has to work harder to get back to its pre-exercise state. Fat burning and metabolism can increase for up to 48 hours after a tough workout.
Here are 5 general steps to help you burn more fat with short burst workouts:
1. Bodyweight and dumbbell exercises are effective fat burners and good for stabilizing your joint structures and core. For example, if your right leg is significantly stronger than your left leg, you cannot compensate for the weaker leg. Your left leg will have to “catch up in strength” to the right leg. These exercises will also prepare your body for heavier weights and intense plyometric and speed exercises.
2. Plyometric exercises (jumps) are great fat burners but only if you have enough strength and joint stability to make these more risky exercises work effectively for you.
3. The core muscles are very important in preventing low back pain and stabilizing the shoulder girdle and hip structures. A strong and stable core will maximize your extremity strength (limbs) and explosive power. If your core is weak, you will not effectively transfer power from your legs to your upper body during exercises.
A core strengthening program involves using many muscles in a coordinated movement. Rather than isolating specific joints as in most weight lifting exercises, core stability exercises focus on working the deep muscles of the entire torso at once.
4. Balance exercises are difficult and help you burn fat. You can improve the ankle’s joint proprioception (position sense) and dynamic joint stability with balance training. Doing one-legged balance exercises will accomplish this goal.
One-leg balancing on foam pads or disks for 2-3 minutes (each leg) is a great exercise. Other great exercises are lunges, single-leg squats, step ups and medicine ball rotations on one leg.
You will need to strengthen your knees and ligaments around them. Having strong, stable knee structures will influence how high you can jump. The deep knee bend exercise is good for this purpose.
5. Do your cardio using sprint intervals. A 10-minute workout will burn plenty of fat. Do intervals this way:
a. Sprint 60 yards,
b. Walk back to start line
c. Sprint 60 yards
Do this rotation for 10 minutes. If you need to be challenged more, rest 5 minutes and do another 10-minute interval session.
Work hard, smart, burn fat and change your body!
Download your FREE 10-Minute Fat Burner Workouts now and start torching body fat!
Mark Dilworth, BA, PES