Quick Weight Loss Diets vs. Weight Loss Transformation….Which is better?
Just one more quick weight loss diet and you will reach your goals this time, right? Don’t place your hopes on that….deep down, you know better. Are you ready to take real steps to transform your body? Let’s go…….
1. Being fit is much more than going on a diet. Fitness is a lifestyle designed to improve your energy, your health, your mood, your self image and your body composition (among other benefits).
Have you checked your body fat percentage? Fat loss is more important than your weight loss. Burning fat is what really changes your body to lean and toned. Its possible to be skinny and still have high body fat. Belly fat, in particular, is dangerous to your health.
For instance, a “30-day weight loss only” goal is a short-term fix for your weight problem and will not ultimately help you attain your goals! Establish eating and exercise habits that will help you burn fat and lose weight for a lifetime.
2. The type of food you eat and timing of what you eat is very important for your metabolism to work properly. Your body needs adequate amounts of the macronutrients (carbohydrates, proteins, fats) to function properly.
Here’s some eating habits that will help you burn fat:
- Plan and pack your meals with whole, natural foods that you enjoy.
- Don’t skip breakfast. It gets your metabolism revved up and helps you eat less the rest of the day.
- Eat every 3-4 hours to maintain your energy and keep your metabolism active.
- Eat your food on a plate, not in a bag or jar. It helps you eat less.
- Eat with a purpose, don’t just graze.
- Eat protein with every meal. It helps you stay full for longer and helps keep carbs from spiking your blood sugar.
- Eat at least 2 servings of a fruit or veggie at every meal.
- Don’t assume that LOW-FAT means LOW-CAL, read the label.
- Eat heart-healthy fats. They are important for satiety and bodily functions.
- Limit fried foods.
- Limit alcohol consumption.
- If you eat at a restaurant, order healthier food options and skip the meal appetizers.
- Limit sugary and processed foods/drinks.
- Eat one serving at each meal.
- Eat healthy snacks, like raw nuts or low-fat yogurt, between main meals.
- If you stray from your meal plan, get back on it as soon as possible.
Good or bad nutritional habits don’t just happen. Make an effort. You are what you eat.
Follow a nutritious meal plan based on your basal metabolic rate and calorie needs. You will never starve. You will eat enough to maintain your energy throughout the day and during workouts.
3. Increasing muscle mass is critical to permanently speed up your metabolism. Your body has to work harder to maintain muscle mass. And, increasing muscle mass will burn the fat off of your body.
Here is your challenge:
a. Do full body circuit strength training 3 days a week (30-45 minutes a session).
b. Do interval cardio training 2-3 days a week (20 minutes a session).
Don’t go on a diet….check out the following below: