REFOCUS to reach your weight loss transformation goals during this stressful time of coronavirus and isolation. Always do something to improve your health, especially now.
REFOCUS your fat loss and weight loss goals to be more realistic (based on your situation now). Now is always the best time to start, if you are physically able to do so.
Because of coronavirus, you may now be:
a. working at home,
b. on furlough from work and at home,
c. laid-off and unemployed (and at home),
d. a little frustrated and fearful or
Exercising, staying active and eating well will only help you in every way!
Don’t let frustration and overwhelm paralyze you.
Always do something to improve your health, especially now.
REFOCUS, re-evaluate and make changes.
Here are a few tips for you to do this……
1. Limit prolonged stress in your life. A certain amount of stress is good for us to live efficiently. Too much stress…well, you know the answer.
In a Mayo Clinic article, “Stress Basics,” it states:
“When your brain perceives a threat, it signals your body to release a burst of hormones to fuel your capacity for a response. This has been labeled the “fight-or-flight” response.
Once the threat is gone, your body is meant to return to a normal relaxed state. Unfortunately, the nonstop stress of modern life means that your alarm system rarely shuts off. Without stress management, all too often your body is always on high alert. Over time, high levels of stress lead to serious health problems.”
Note: The hormones, adrenaline and cortisol, are secreted in response to a stressful situation. Stressful situations that go on for months or years signals to your body that the normal state includes excessive amounts of adrenaline and cortisol.
As it relates to metabolism, adrenaline makes your fat cells more efficient at turning fat into energy and speeds up metabolism. On the other hand, cortisol increases the amount of glucose in your blood and creates more energy. If you are consistently inactive, this excess adrenaline and cortisol builds up. Unused excess energy will be stored as body fat.
2. Regular exercise and eating well helps your body work better, stay healthier and relieves the stress of the busy day. Exercise and nutrition are definitely parts of any weight loss transformation plan. If your gym is closed, adjust and stay active at home.
Trigger and emotional eating decisions can really stop your progress. Its important to watch your hunger cues.
Life continually has stressful situations and life sometimes brings unavoidable prolonged stress, like this coronavirus situation.
Regular exercise helps you to deal with stress and brings your body back to the true normal state (or as close as possible).
3. Laugh often and don’t take yourself too seriously. According to the Mayo Clinic, laughter:
a. soothes tension,
b. relieves your stress response,
c. stimulates your heart, lungs and muscles,
d. increases endorphins in your brain and
e. improves your intake of oxygen-rich air
Laughing consistently, day after day, greatly improves your overall health and well being.
4. Get deep sleep each night and learn to relax by using tools such as music, deep breathing, walking, massage therapy, meditation and unplugging from your phone/technology, etc.
Get 7-9 hours of deep sleep each night so your body’s metabolism will work properly and maximize growth hormone release (youth hormone). Researchers have found that the less sleep the test subjects got, the higher their body mass index. The shorter sleep time altered the subjects hormone levels, energy decreased and appetite increased.
5. Have a grateful attitude. Find things and situations to be thankful for every day (take 5 minutes in the morning). Write them down in your gratitude journal. This will help keep your thoughts away from bitterness, fear, anger and resentment.
6. Focus on positives and not negatives. You can always choose to be optimistic in any situation.
7. Disassociate yourself from negative energy vampires in your life. You become like the people the hang with.
Reduce your stress levels and body weight with a healthy lifestyle!
REFOCUS. I’m here to help you REFOCUS and RESHAPE your fitness program and goals!
Do you want to:
Eat Better to be Healthier, Burn More Fat and Lose Permanent Weight?
Have Your BEST Looking Body Naked or in Smaller-Sized Clothes?
Feel Better than You have Felt in Months or Years?
Have the Energy to Accomplish Your Daily Goals?
Be sure and sign up to Start Your 5-Star Body Transformation Plan Today for FREE!
YOU are the main STAR in the process.
I will coach you to transform your body and its definitely not just about weight loss. You will learn what it takes to change your eating habits and lifestyle and start remaking your body a healthy, energized and lean fat-burning machine!